The Panel will discuss Contract Farming operations enabling environment, Advantages and Risks from farmers’ perspective, Role of the legal framework in promoting balanced producer/contractor relationships, and the UNIDROIT/FAO/IFAD Legal Guide on Contract Farming, & Effective contract enforcement through appropriate dispute resolution mechanisms.
Overview, Presentations, Video, and Handouts
- Overview - What is Contract Farming?
- Presentation - Contract Farming and Dispute Resolution in Developing Country Contexts
- Presentation - Creating an Enabling Environment for Inclusive Contract Farming Operations
- Prof. A. Mazzoni Handout - The Role of the Legal Framework in Promoting Balanced Producer/ Contractor Relationships and the UNIDROIT/FAO/IFAD Legal Guide On Contract Farming
- Handout - Legal Guide on Contract Farming
- Video of session