The International Centre of Missing & Exploited Children (ICMEC) empowers and equips global partners - in government, academia, law enforcement, private industry and the NGO community - to make the world a safer place for children.
What We Do
ICMEC's work brings promise to children and families around the world by:
- Establishing global resources to find missing children and prevent child sexual exploitation;
- Promoting the creation of operational centers worldwide based on a public-private partnership model;
- Building an international network to disseminate images of and informationaboutmissing and exploited children;
- Providing training to law enforcement, prosecutors, judges, legal professionals, nongovernmental organizations, and government officials;
- Advocating and proposing changes in laws, treaties, and systems to protect children worldwide;
- Leading a global financial coalition to eradicate commercial child pornography from the Internet; and
- Conducting international expert conferences to build awareness, and to encourage and increase cooperation and collaboration between and among countries.