GFLJD comprises three entities: the GFLJD Steering Committee, GFLJD Partners, and the GFLJD Secretariat.
THE GFLJD STEERING COMMITTEE
The Steering Committee is the supreme governing and decision-making body of GFLJD. The Committee comprise GFLJD Partners selected as per the Revised Charter of the GFLJD adopted in 2019. The Steering Committee makes decisions on:
- The Global Forum is a permanent forum for knowledge sharing and co-generation where users are empowered to advance culturally sensitive and informed partnerships that enhance knowledge sharing on global and regional/country issues, as well as international issues.
- Global Forum partners participate in the knowledge sharing and co-generation, research and dissemination components of the Global Forum activities. The benefits of being a Global Forum partner include, among others, the following:
- Progress reports provide regular updates on the progress of the Global Forum on Law, Justice and Development (Global Forum) since its establishment. They outline the current activities and key achievements accomplished by Partners. These reports aim at:
- The Global Forum is an open knowledge partnership. The following legal development practitionners are invited to join: International and regional organizations such as IFIs and international stakeholders. National stakeholders, government and judicial authorities, academia, think tanks, civil society organizations and the private sector.
- On March 6. 2014, the Steering Committee adopted the Charter. The Charter describes the membership and structure of the Global Forum, as well as the work of Partners in broad terms, and the manner in which decisions are made.
The Global Forum consists of two mutually-complementary pillars:
- A permanent forum of intellectual partners, clustered by topics ; and
- An ICT web-based platform, C4D.
It builds on existing informal networks and partnerships in specific thematic areas, strengthened and formalized through partners' commitment to the Global Forum Charter.
The Global Forum is an open platform. Members belong to two broad participant groups involved in the legal dimension of international development:
Brochures available in a number of languages.
- The sustainability of the Global Forum is ensured through a combination of (1) “intellectual contributions” from intellectual partners; and (2) “financial contributions” from financial partners and sponsors. In order to facilitate the participation of financial partners from developing countries, the minimal threshold for financial contribution has been set at US$250,000 to qualify as financial partner. Occasionally, intellectual partners can sponsor one or more activities with "ad hoc" financial contributions. Financial sponsorship from non-partners are evaluated on a case by case basis.
- As GFLJD connects pockets of more readily shared knowledge, partners participating in the knowledge sharing, research, or dissemination components of GFLJD will benefit from Cross Global Knowledge Translation, i.e. they will have continuous opportunity to contribute to, and play a key role in the sharing of knowledge and evaluation of shared program outcomes. Furthermore, the GFLJD and its knowledge exchange platform benefits will include, among others, the following: